23. Juli 2012

God so close and yet so far - EBD 02

The study conference for theology students was a truly international encounter. 16 participants from 7 countries discussed their images of God and exchanged thoughts and feelings on the closeness or remoteness of God. Of course, there were lectures as well - on the closeness of God in Jewish tradition, on the Jesus prayer and mysticism and on living in the Spirit - but what probably mattered most was the community and the talks in small groups and between the actual work units - usually with a lot of coffee. Some things really needed to be discussed - or even disputed. There is much diversity, not just in Europe but in our individual approaches to faith. That can be rather challenging, but it is often also a great treasure and taking a closer look at other people's approaches may help to position myself. It definitely does that for me.

2 Kommentare:

  1. It was a very fascinating Bible Dialogue, I must truly admit. I experienced great time with you all, as organizer and participant at the same time. I will bring back with my a lot of new perspectives, which have refreshed my faith, mind and spirit. Hope to see you all again!
    Norbert Nagy

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dear Norbert, I am happy about our first comment. Hopefully not the last. I hope the later date for next year, 25-29 July 2013, is all right with you, too? It is good to know you on our team.

    AntwortenLöschen

Hier können Sie meinen Eintrag kommentieren. You can leave your comments here.